Aveiro and Costa Nova: Private Tour with Moliceiro Cruise Half Day
This 4 hour private tour gives you the opportunity to explore Aveiro and Costa Nova. Aveiro known as the "Venice of Portugal" and Costa Nova with their picturesque houses. is also included a boat ride for 45 minutes on a Typical Moliceiro boat. All of this accompanied with your proffessional driver/guide that we'll lead you during the morning or afternoon. Important references will be given to you during the day about this small city in the north of Portugal. Its charming goes along with its natural canals and its sweetness are presented on the famous "Ovos Moles" and "Tripa de Aveiro" some traditional pastry from the rigion, mandatory to try!
There are so much more to know about Aveiro and Costa Nova, and who better than your expert guide to teach, show and accompany you on an Half day Private Tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Traditional "Moliceiro" boat ride
- Entry/Admission - Ria de Aveiro
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to Aveiro and Costa Nova.
On your way to Aveiro, the guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage.
Stop At: Costa Nova, Costa Nova, Ilhavo, Aveiro District, Northern Portugal
The first stop is Costa Nova do Prado beach, famous only by the name Costa Nova.
The most picturesque aspect of Costa Nova is its coast road along which a line of wooden huts is painted in brightly coloured stripes alternating with white. Built by fishermen as shelters and equipment stores, the huts have now been converted into rather characteristic holiday homes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ria de Aveiro, Aveiro Portugal
Cruise Aveiro's dazzling canals on a classic Moliceiro (traditional boat) Relax and enjoy the landscape on this traditional boat, that once was used to collect seagrass in the lagoon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Aveiro, Aveiro, Aveiro District, Northern Portugal
The capital of the Ria, a vast lagoon where the freshwater of the River Vouga joins with the sea, Aveiro is intersected by canals, genuine streets of water, along which can be seen gliding the brightly coloured boats known as barcos moliceiros. Originally founded in the time of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, Aveiro is now one of the most interesting cities on the Portuguese coast.
Discover the history of this beautiful city and tasty the traditional pastry, "Ovos Moles".
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Porto city or Vila Nova de Gaia city.In alternative, we can collect you from the Tourist Service/Living Tours located at Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 350, Porto - next to Porto - São Bento train station.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tours runs in small groups between 8 and 27 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- Reservation is mandatory and requires an email request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service.
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.