Aveiro Half-Day Tour from Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
This tour takes you to Aveiro considered by many as the "Venice of Portugal" which is famous for its large network of canals running through the city. In this Tour you will also take a cruise on a "moliceiro" boat (a traditional boat from this city) which will take you along the channels as you admire the city’s unique tile facades. You will also have the opportunity to see the colorful houses in Costa Nova. Aveiro has a rich and varied gastronomy, and the “soft eggs” - a very sweet desert are also one the main representations of Aveiro.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- River cruise in the traditonal "Moliceiro boat" : unique in the world
- Private transportation for the group
- Entry/Admission - Ria de Aveiro
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to Aveiro and Costa Nova.
On your way to Aveiro, the guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage.
Stop At: Aveiro Portugal
The capital of the Ria, a vast lagoon where the freshwater of the River Vouga joins with the sea, Aveiro is intersected by canals, genuine streets of water, along which can be seen gliding the brightly coloured boats known as barcos moliceiros. Originally founded in the time of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, Aveiro is now one of the most interesting cities on the Portuguese coast.
Discover the history of this beautiful city and tasty the traditional pastry, "Ovos Moles".
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ria de Aveiro, Aveiro Portugal
Cruise Aveiro's dazzling canals on a classic Moliceiro (traditional boat) Relax and enjoy the landscape on this traditional boat, that once was used to collect seagrass in the lagoon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Praia da Costa Nova, Rua da Quinta do Cravo 17, Gafanha da Encarnacao, Ilhavo 3830 Portugal
The last stop is Costa Nova do Prado beach, famous only by the name Costa Nova.
The most picturesque aspect of Costa Nova is its coast road along which a line of wooden huts is painted in brightly coloured stripes alternating with white. Built by fishermen as shelters and equipment stores, the huts have now been converted into rather characteristic holiday homes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Living Tours, R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your hotel in Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia city centre.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions
- Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.