Awa'awapuhi Hike | Koke'e
A day of magnificent hiking!
Off the Koke’e Road, the trail starts at approximately at 4,120 feet and ends at a lookout around 2,500 feet, that boasts spectacular views into the lusciously green sheer palis (cliffs), fluted ridges and spires of the valleys of Awa`awapuhi and Nu`alolo, both overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the famous Na Pali Coast.
The grassy terminus of this trail offers a nice and picturesque grassy area suitable for a picnic and respite.
To gain those views you will have gradually descended from the edge of a rainforest through the Na Pali-Kona Forest Reserve; a wilderness rich with a variety of native dry land plants species.
It is more or less a 3.1 mile one way trail that slopes down through a “dry land” forest with many examples of native and exotic plants and trees complemented with sightings of native birds such as the precocious elepaio
Rating: Moderate to Strenuous
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Deli lunch:--turkey, roast beef, ham, salami, or vegetarian,chips + tropical fruit + cookies --Refreshments of tropical juices and bottled water
What's excluded :
Check-In: 7:00 a.m at our Wailua River Marina Shop.
From the Eastside, we head West on Highway 50 to Kokee State Park. It is 50 miles and approximately 45 minutes to the top of this spectacular canyon. Our air-conditioned full-size van ride will provide a comfortable ride while our guides share stories along the way.
Departure Point :3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.