BA Jewish Heritage + Plaza de Mayo Walking Tour
Come explore the history of the Jewish people in Argentina, from its colonial times to modernity. As we navigate the history, traditions and landmarks of South America’s largest community, we’ll explore the neighborhoods of Once, Tribunales, Retiro and the colonial city center of Plaza de Mayo.
We’ll go beyond tradition as we explore how politics and the broad history of Argentina shaped the Argentine Jewish Identity.
Discover the Argentine Jewish identity as you learn about:
-The origins and development of the Argentine Jewish Community.
-The iconic Jewish Gauchos of the countryside.
-The 1919 BA pogrom and the rise of antisemitism in Argentina.
-WW2 in Argentina: Peronism, Nazis, Allies, the hunt for Eichmann.
-The Disappeared Jews of the 1976 military dictatorship.
-The 90’s terrorist attacks and aftermath.
-Current events and challenges faced by our community.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guiding Services + Public Transportation included in price
- Tickets to the Jewish Museum and Libertad Synagogue.
- Entry/Admission - Museo Judio
What's excluded :
- Optional visit to Paso Synagogue (5 US per person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Judio, Libertad 769-C.A.B.A., Buenos Aires Argentina
We will visit the Jewish Museum where we'll discuss the great immigration of the late 1800s
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District
We'll visit the Libertad Synagogue, and the mother institution of Jewish life in Argentina, AMIA. We'll explore the Jewish neighborhood of Once, as well as Tribunales and Retiro.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: El Once Barrio Comercial, Pasteur, Lavalle, Azcuenaga y Belgrano, Buenos Aires Argentina
Once neighborhood, one of the traditional Jewish Neighborhoods
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palacio de Tribunales, Talcahuano 490 Entre Lavalle y Tucuman, Buenos Aires B1900DTB Argentina
See the Supreme Courthouse from outside
Stop At: Teatro Colon, Calle Cerrito 628, Buenos Aires C1012 Argentina
Famous opera house colon theatre
Stop At: Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina, Pasteur 633, C1028 AAM, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Mother Institution of Jewish life
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Mayo, Av. Hipolito Yrigoyen S/N, Buenos Aires Argentina
Foundational square of Buenos Aires
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Bolívar 65, Av. de Mayo 567, C1084 AAA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Return Detail :Plaza Dr. Bernardo Houssay, Av. Córdoba 2100, C1120 AAP, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers will be required to present their original passports at the Jewish Museum and Libertad Synagogue.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note this tour involves walking around 5km/3.5mi.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.