Badlands Tour with Local Experts
GeoFunTrek's guides are local experts with decades of experience. We have no seasonal guides, part-time guides or trainees. All tours are conducted by the owners, Cindy and John Esposti. We have the knowledge and skills to make your day one to remember. You will always get the A-Team when you tour with GeoFunTrek Tours!
This is a small-group tour with a maximum capacity or 9 guests. You will have plenty of headroom and elbow room as you travel with like-minded voyagers. Children must be accompanied by at least one adult. Children 3 years and younger are free-of-charge and will have their own seat, so we need to save them a seat. Let us know if you have any of these young ones so we can save them a seat. Children's car seats must be supplied by family members when required. This is a great tour for 3-generation families with Children, multiple couples and groups of friends.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water - Juice and light snacks
- Pick up and drop-off service at your place of lodging
- Entry/Admission - Badlands National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Geology, 501 East Saint Joseph Street 3rd Floor of O'Hara Builidng on SDSMT campus, Rapid City, SD 57701-3901
We pick you up at your place of lodging in the Rapid City, SD, Hill City, SD, Keystone, SD area and travel to the Museum of Geology. Here you will receive a personalized tour the explains the geology and paleontology of the Badlands. This prepares you to not merely see, but understand the Badlands.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Badlands National Park, 25216 Ben Reifel Pl, Interior, SD 57750-7020
This is the legendary place of mysterious and awe-inspiring landscapes. Here your understanding of this natural wonder will be broadened. We travel the Park's roads and stop at the Visitor Canter and many scenic turnouts. Short hikes and guided walks will be taken at your discretion.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Wall Drug, 510 Main Street, Wall, SD 57790
Wall Drug is a monument to the free enterprise system and it is a great place to get some food or buy some souvenirs as well. You will be given a short tour and hear the history of the palace and given some free time to enjoy it on your own.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, 24545 Cottonwood Rd, Philip, SD 57567-7002
This is a national Park Service Historic Site devoted to the Cold War weapon system devoted to preventing conflict. It was de-activated by the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty and is now a monument to that effort.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at all hotels, campgrounds and rentals in the Rapid City, SD, Keystone, SD, Hill City, SD and surrounding area.Airports
- Rapid City Regional Airport, 4550 Terminal Rd, Rapid City, SD 57703
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- GEOFUNTREK TOURS SAFETY UPDATE COVID-19 Your comfort and safety are our primary concern. Take a private tour, limited to your group only and enjoy the day knowing that: 1) We have only two guides, John & Cindy are a married couple from the same household. They constantly monitor each other’s health. So even when not at work “THE BOSS” is always watching. 2) We have installed see-through barriers in our vehicles between the guests and the guide. 3) Our vehicles will be disinfected before and after each tour with high-quality disinfectants. 4) Guides will monitor their temperatures before each tour. 5) We wear masks and maintain proper social distancing practices and we kindly request our guests to do the same.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.