Bagan’s Mount Popa and its Deities
Where nature meets animistic beliefs with a fair dose of adventurous climbing: the award of reaching the peak of former volcano Mount Popa is breathtaking so say the least. En route, the spiritual guardians will assure you a safe passage up and down.
• Get amazing view from Bagan’s Mount Popa
• Meet the animist inhabitants of this extinct volcano
• Scale hundreds of steps to new Bagan vantage points
• Follow in the local footsteps of Burmese pilgrims
• Wander through a toddy palm tree plantation
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
Mount Popa is dedicated to animist spirits known as ‘nats’ and you will have time to climb the 777 steps to the shrine at the top of the peak. At the foot of the mountain, you could observe Nat Shrine contains a display of mannequin-like figures representing the 37 nats and is a major pilgrimage destination. There will be the opportunity to explore the fascinating monasteries, stupas and shrine that abound plus, of course, enjoy the dramatic and mammoth-size view back across the Myingyan Plain. For those that do not want to make the climb to the top, there is the option to visit the nearby sandalwood forest and medical herb garden with plenty of flora and fauna available to admire. The significance of Mount Popa is of that great importance that one will cherish the life stories and explanation of this holy place by our guide for many years to come.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Bagan, Bagan, Mandalay Region
On the way back to Bagan, a stop will be made at a local palm tree plantation. The main source of income for villagers comes from keeping toddy palm plantations. Around Bagan, several of these plantations dot the semi-arid landscape and an educational stop offers a chance to see the labour-intensive climbing work that goes into this livelihood. This relaxing break will give you the chance to observe local working life with palm trees.
We will return to your hotel in Bagan just before lunchtime.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded,supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Large part of this excursion includes walking up stairs. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.