Bago by Train: Full-day sightseeing tour
Bago houses a large number of interesting and historically-important sights. Join this excursion from Yangon to learn about Hanthawaddy Kingdom.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Yangon - Bago Train Ticket
- English-speaking guide
- Full-day sightseeing tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees and zone fees
- Entry/Admission - Kambazathadi Golden Palace
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shwemawdaw Paya, Bago Myanmar
You get picked up at your hotel in Yangon to visit the former capital of Bago by train. The pleasant train ride takes around 2 hours and gives you a glimpse of the beauty of the countryside.
The first sight you visit is the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, often referred to as the "Golden God Temple". This pagoda is the tallest pagoda in the, although the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon receives those credits.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shwethalyaung Buddha, Bago Myanmar
Continue to the Shwethalyaung Pagoda, a reclining Buddha, which has a length of 55 meters. Myanmar people say about the Buddha image, that it represents Buddha in a 'relaxing' mode.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kambazathadi Golden Palace, Nr. Shwemawdaw Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
After that, visit the Kanbawzathadi Palace, built for King Bayinnaung in 1556. The palace was rebuilt following the original design, based on knowledge gained from excavations and the original drawings of the building. There are several reproductions on display, like a replica of the King’s golden coach.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kyaik Pun Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
Next stop of the tour is the Kyaikpun Pagoda on the way back to Yangon. There is a small Buddhist monastery, known for its four towering images of the Buddha, often visible from far distance. The images, facing each others back, represent the four Buddhas that have reached Nirvana.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Htauk Kyant War Memorial Cemetery, Yangon - Pyay Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
On the way back to Yangon, you stop by the Taukkyan War Cemetery, a monument for allied soldiers from the British Commonwealth who died in battle in Burma during the Second World War.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Yangon (one pick-up point only)
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.