Bahrain's Old Capital
Muharraq Island, was once the capital of Bahrain; and enduring within it are stories of the old which now intermingle with the new. Discover how the many brilliant people of the 19th century help build this country and how their efforts linger on and continue till today.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- All monument fees
- Entry/Admission - Shaikh Isa bin Ali House
- Entry/Admission - Shaikh Ebrahim Center
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shaikh Isa bin Ali House, Shaikh Abdulla Avenue, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House: The House of Sheikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa was his residence and the seat of his government. This beautiful house offers insight into the royal life in the 19th century. It consists of several rooms arranged around four courtyards and characterized by its wind towers. It is considered one of the most impressive examples of Gulf Islamic architecture on the island.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Muharraq souq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Muharraq Souq: Smaller than Manama Souq, the Muharraq souq offers a wide range of merchandise and famed sweet shops. The oldest section of the souq, Al Qaisariya, offers a charming shopping experience. Souq Al Qaisariya is an integral component of the "Pearling; a testimony of an Island Economy" (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Shaikh Ebrahim Center, Muharq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Shaikh Ebrahim Centre: This is a new building with a traditional architecture in the heart of old Muharraq. It was built on a plot of land that was originally part of the house and forum of Shaikh Ebrahim bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, an intellectual and man of letters, in the early 20th century. The design incorporates a large Islamic arch, mashrabiya (traditional windows) and gypsum panels with Arabic calligraphy.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From All the city Hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.