Baila Conmigo-Afro-Puerto Rican History Food and Dance
For this tour you will learn about the history of Bomba in Loiza in a Cave, you’ll learn how to cook Afro-Puerto Rican food, you’ll learn how to dance and improvise with your body to Bomba music.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
We’ll first start by taking you to a Puertorican Cave “Cueva María de la Cruz” where you’ll learn about the Bomba rhythms that were born in Loiza. After that we’ll go to “El Batey de los Hermanos Ayala” one of the families that have kept Bomba alive, there you will also experience the instruments of Plena which is another puertorican genre and also hand crafted art. Then we’ll proceed to Playa Azul for a cooking lesson of our afro-puertorican food, after that get ready! We’ll take you to one of our parks “Parque Luis Muñoz Rivera” for the Bomba Lesson, there you will learn how to dance, sing and play the drums (tambor), you’ll be using the movements of your body to create the beats for the Bomba players!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will text travelers the night before the pick up and the next morning.Ports
- San Juan Cruise Port Terminal, Calle Marina, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.