Baile de Madureira: Charme Dance Party in Rio with Transfer
It started in the 1980s with a group of street vendors getting together on Saturday night to dance contemporary black music. It quickly became a local sensation with people from all ages coming from different places of the suburbs. And that is how the Baile de Charme de Madureira was born.
The Baile de Charme de Madureira is a unique experience that you have never witnessed before. A section of a street is closed and transformed into a dance hall for people to dance, sing and celebrate life.
They dance into a type of music called charme, that was created in the suburbs of Rio, and came out of the tremendous influence of African American Soul and Funk music and African Brazilian music.
Tour guide, entrance to the Baile de Madureira and roundtrip transfer included.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the Baile de Madureira
- Entry/Admission - Mercadao de Madureira
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercadao de Madureira, Avenida Ministro Edgard Romero 239 Madureira, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21360-901 Brazil
Located just outside of the Mercadão de Madureira, under a viaduct, the Baile de Charme de Madureira is famous for celebrating contemporary black music in Brazil.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Downtown (Centro). Contact us back to adjust the pickup time.For Barra da Tijuca/ Recreio we provide pick-up for an additional 10 USD per person that must be paid directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour.Ports
- PIER MAUA
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years old.
- We do not operate this tour on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and Carnival season.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If requested, you must present a copy of your ID.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers per Minivan.
- Minimum of 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.