Ballarat-Skipton Rail Trail - Half day tour
Cycle the unsealed but gentle gradient 37km trail from Linton to Skipton. Meander through the wide open grasslands, eucalypt forests, historic bridges and quaint 19th century villages of Scarsdale and Smythesdale. There are plenty of great places to stop along the way to bird watch and take in the flora and fauna. Enjoy morning or afternoon tea at a cafe in Smythesdale.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning or afternoon tea and snacks
- Use of bicycle
- Helmet and lock
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Smythesdale, Smythesdale, Victoria
Smythesdale is a former gold mining town. The township has many historic buildings including the police station, stables and courthouse. Coffee, snacks and meals are available in town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Linton, Linton, Victoria
Linton offers a brief exit from the forest. The township has many historic reminders from the gold rush era including a Chinese cemetery and public buildings from the 1860s, plus galleries, cafes and the Railway Hotel.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Ballarat Station, Lydiard St N, Ballarat VIC 3350, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Can collect from accommodation or meet at Ballarat train station car park
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.