Bangkok Trails - Pedal Through 37 km Outskirts of Bangkok
One this day cycling tour, pedal quiet trails around Bangkok, where life is slower and the landscape greener. Cycle through wooded areas, along tree-lined canals and visit ancient temples overgrown with twisting roots and vines. Cycling on narrow paths and winding trails makes this our most technical bicycle day tour, but still only moderately so. See a new side of Bangkok as you seemingly pedal back in time to its outskirts.
After escaping the congestion of the city, we cycle our way out through the suburbs and are soon riding in the periphery of Bangkok, where tall buildings are replaced by small wooden houses, roads become narrow concrete paths or dirt tracks and crowds of people are replaced by vegetation and trees. We can't tell you exactly where you will be riding - it's our little secret that you can only discover by joining the tour.
After a satisfying day of cycling, hop off the bike and relax in our shop while enjoying a complimentary drink from our ice-cold fridge.
per adult from
What's included :
- Top quality Merida mountain bikes
- Water bottle and helmet
- An experienced English speaking, local guide
- A delicious local lunch
- Clean water and snacks
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grasshopper Adventures - Bangkok Bike Tours, 719 Maha Chai Rd, Khwaeng Wang Burapha Phirom, Phranakorn Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Gather at the Grasshopper Shop
Gather at the Grasshopper Adventures Shop near Khao San Rd at 8:30 am. The bike tour will depart at 9 am sharp. After a quick bike fitting and briefing, we hit the bikes. It takes a few kilometers to reach a bit of greenery, but on the way you'll bike through tiny alleyways with dense housing - more like cycling through people's living rooms for an authentic view of life in the big city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bang Kruai-Sai Noi Rd., Wat Chalo, Bang Kruai, Bang Kruai 11130 Thailand
Out of the city
Once on the outskirts of Bangkok, there are few cars but many locals happy to see foreign visitors cycling in their neighborhood. Lunch is included at a delicious local eatery where you can sample world-famous Thai flavors. There is great variety in the terrain we cover as we jump from communities living along the canals to market gardens to wooded plots to ancient ruined temples all within sight of Bangkok's skyscrapers but far from the city’s chaos. We will stop at a few temples of historic importance: Wat Chaloh and Wat Kaew Fah. We will also pedal through areas with some agriculture - plant nurseries and orchards mostly. While this tour does not quite reach the countryside, there is still a countryside feel in some sections.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khaosan Road, Khwaeng Talad Yot, Khet Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200 Thailand
On the return to Bangkok, we wind our way back through the alleyways and finish at the Grasshopper Shop.
The ride is a total of 37 km and the tour takes approximately 7 hours, usually finishing at around 4 pm but this is variable by group and ability.
You will spend most of the day in the saddle, and while the total cycling distance is not that long, it can get hot. The cycling is moderately technical with sections along narrow raised concrete paths so this tour is suitable for more experienced cyclists. We’ll pedal concrete, dirt bike trails and one or two rough spots, but mostly cycle the backstreets and alleyways. There are some main roads to cross but we do this as a group and Bangkok drivers are very courteous when it comes to crossing the road.
The tropical sun can be quite fierce, so we recommend you use some sunblock or, if you prefer a natural option, long sleeves for your arms and Buff headwear for your neck.
Older children and teenagers can do this tour if they are experienced bikers and able to spend the whole day out on a bicycle. We do not recommend this tour for young children.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grasshopper Adventures - Bangkok Bike Tours, 719 Maha Chai Rd, Khwaeng Wang Burapha Phirom, Phranakorn Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.