Bangor Trail - Electric Bike Tour
This electric bike tour takes you off the beaten track. Cars here are rare and its your day to take your time to explore, find a secluded beach, secret waterfall or track and relax. Using the Greenway, Ireland’s only purpose built cycle route, we head off into a thousand square kilometres of wilderness exploring glacial riverbeds, waterfalls, bronze age forts, ancient abbeys and castles along the way. Stopping for gourmet lunch of local cuisine. This is a wilderness of many choices and each will give you a great sense of wonder and enjoyment. Here the sheep outnumber you by a hundred to one. Watch salmon leap up waterfalls, trout jump, herons and kingfishers dive and splash, and otters play.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Gourmet lunch with local cuisine. Quality electric and regular bikes. A guide with jeep support. All equipment necessary, including panniers, helmets etc. Maps and binoculars provided. All drinks and snacks provided. Waterproof clothing offered.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Although waterproof clothing is provided, we recommend you bring your own.
- This off-the-beaten-track tour for the more adventurous lets you find your own secluded beach, waterfall or secret place in a thousand square kilometres of open space just for you.
You can enjoy some of Europe's rarest fauna, birds and wildlife in Ireland’s rarest wetlands and dunes. Why not try kayaking in a secluded bay overlooked by Grainuaile’s - the Pirate Queen’s - castle? Or cycle through ancient Atlantic oak woods or simply lie back on a picnic blanket and watch the sky and wonderful light change.
Whether its your first or tenth time to Mayo, this is an adventure you won't forget, at your own pace and time. Our guides will be around to help with invaluable local knowledge of hidden secrets stories and information, but ultimately it's your adventure. Go explore, and leave only tracks.
Departure Point :Westport, Westport, County Mayo, Western Ireland
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our travelers from their location or meet them at a designated area. We send them GPS points, a link of information about the area, a weather report and a time to meet at least 12 hours before. We confirm this the morning of departure again too. Just to be sure for sure ..
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.