Barbados Island and Beach Tour
Take a panoramic tour of Barbados’ central sights — from coast to coast — and then enjoy a couple of hours of beach time on this 5-hour island tour. On a round-trip route from Bridgetown, visit the site of the island’s oldest church on the west coast, stop by the Cherry Tree Hill lookout point in the middle of the island for amazing views of the ocean and lush landscape, and have a drink at Barclays Park on the east coast. Then relax on the beach and go for a swim at Carlisle Bay!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Beverages (rum punch, fruit punch or beer)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your Barbados island tour starts with hotel pickup by van in Bridgetown, followed by a drive up the west coast of the island — the Caribbean side. This stretch of shoreline is often called the ‘gold coast’ due to its beautiful hotels like the Sandy Lane and large homes, including the house where native daughter Rihanna stays when she’s in Barbados.
When you reach Holetown, make your first stop at St James Parish Church, the site of the oldest church on the island, originally founded in 1628. Take a brief tour of the small church before heading about 20 minutes northeast to Cherry Tree Hill for a photo op. At 850 feet (260 meters) above sea level, Cherry Tree Hill offers a beautiful view of the coast and the lush landscape of St Andrew Parish. Once flanked by cherry trees, the road to the lookout point is now lined with mahogany trees.
Continue your tour east to the Atlantic side of the island, and stop at Barclays Park, a popular, 50-acre (20-hectare) park that climbs up a beachside hill. (Fun fact: It was opened in 1966 by Queen Elizabeth II.) Have a seat with your guide at one of the many picnic tables and enjoy a refreshing beer, glass of rum punch or other provided beverage.
Then head down the east coast about five minutes to Bathsheba for your last stop before hitting the beach. Enjoy a photo opportunity in the picturesque surfing and fishing village, and then make the 30-minute drive back across the island, this time traveling through the sugar cane fields, to Carlisle Bay, where you have two hours of free time on the beach.
Swim, go snorkeling, take a nap on the sand, buy lunch at the beach bar — the time here is yours to do as you wish (any activities, food and drinks at the beach are at your own expense).
Your Barbados island tour ends with hotel or seaport drop-off in Bridgetown.
Departure Point :Tour departs from most Bridgetown hotels
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring or wear a swimsuit, hat, sunscreen and a beach towel
- German or French guides can only be made available for groups of 10 and over
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.