Barbecue Class at Queen Victoria Market
Join a 2-hour barbecue class at Queen Victoria Market. Get an introduction to the types of BBQ, and visit the historic and world famous meat hall at Queen Victoria Market guided by an experience and passionate chef. Your class will cover an an introduction to the types of BBQ and you will receive notes with recipes and information you will find helpful as you journey into BBQ cooking with wood and charcoal.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Guided walk through the meat hall
- BBQ Class
- Smoked and BBQ meats tasting matched with a craft beer tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet at the shop at 103 Victoria St, Melbourne located amongst the brick shops along the Victoria Street side of the market. Classes operate each weekend and run for approximately 2-2.5 hours.
Your class will cover an an introduction to the types of BBQ, and a visit to the historic and world famous meat hall at Queen Victoria Market guided by an experience and passionate chef.
Meat smoking, what is it? Wood, charcoal and smoke, how does it flavour your food, and how to get the best results.
American BBQ, and other classic cuts. What should you look for, where can you find them, what is and isn't important when selecting meats for smoking or BBQ.
Selecting and preparing meat, how to recognise higher quality meats, and why it is important to use them when smoking.
Rubs and marinades, best way to get a good result.
A sampling of delicious BBQ meats from QVM washed down with some craft beer tastings.
You will receive notes with recipes and information you will find helpful as you journey into BBQ cooking with wood and charcoal.
Departure Point :513 Elizabeth St Melbourne 3000
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.