Barcelos: Half Day Private Tour from Porto
Beautiful village in the north of the country, located un the heart of “Minho” Region, famous for its handmade products such as the famous Barcelos Roster, nowadays classified as a City mark.
On this 4 hour tour, accompanied by your expert guide, visit Barcelos and uncover this highlights.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to Barcelos.
On your way to Barcelos, the guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage. Specially regarding the North of Portugal area.
Stop At: Barcelos, Barcelos, Braga District, Northern Portugal
After crossing the old bridge over the River Cávado, we enter into one of the most emblematic cities of popular Minho art, Barcelos.
Is an ancient city, situated in an area that has archaeological remains dating back to prehistoric times, although it was really in the 12th century that its history began. Learn how is beautiful town was settle and delevoped through the years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chafariz Do Largo Da Porta Nova, Largo da Porta Nova, Barcelos 4750-330 Portugal
By the end of the XIV century, Barcelos belong to a very famous noble Nuno Álvares Pereira, He then gave Barcelos as a dowry in the marriage of his daughter D. Beatriz to D. Afonso, the bastard son of D. João I.
A period of great development and dynamic growth for Barcelos, displayed by the building of the bridge, the city walls, of which there still remains the Torre da Porta Nova, the Paço dos Duques and the Igreja Matriz.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Chafariz do Campo da Feira, Campo Da Feira, Barcelos 4750-333 Portugal
A stroll around Barcelos must necessarily include the old fairground, now known as the Campo da República, where you will find the 18th-century churches of Bom Jesus da Cruz and Nossa Senhora do Terço and where Portugal's largest handicraft fair is held every Thursday.
Stop At: Museu de Olaria, Rua Conego Joaquim Gaiolas, Barcelos 4750-306 Portugal
If you miss the weekly market, you should definitely visit the Ceramics Museum and Barcelos Handicraft Centre, where you can get a good general view of Minho arts and crafts. The brightly-coloured Barcelos Cockerel is the most representative of all the pieces produced here, but one should not forget the brass bands and the figures depicting the region´s customs and habits.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect all our passengers from their hotel or apartment on our private tours.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.