Barolo and Barbaresco wine tour
A full-day tour with a small group (up to 7 guests) from Alba with a professional driver and luxury van.
Drive on the most panoramic wine routes within the area of production of Barolo wine with views over vineyards, medieval towers and quaint villages.
Visit a first off-the-beaten track winery where Barolo wine is aged and enjoy a wine tasting of four premium wines including different types of Barolo.
Some free time in one of the villages of the area wondering around wine shops or simply enjoying the quiet and cozy atmosphere.
The second winery we visit, it includes a light lunch (salami, a plate of cheese with honey and jam, warm focaccia) paired with their wines.
Later, drive East of Alba where the Langhe hills get shaped like natural amphitheaters, originating a unique micro climate and exposure which makes the cultivation of Nebbiolo grapes ideal for Barbaresco wine. Visit the third family-run cellar of the day and partake in one more premium wine tasting with more food.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Three different wineries with premium wine tastings
- Light lunch set in one of the wineries we visit
- Free time in at least one or more villages of the area
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Alba, Alba, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Alba can be reached by train from Turin
Stop At: Barolo, Barolo, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Some free time will either be set in Barolo or La Morra, depending on the wineries booked
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Roddi, Roddi, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Dominated by the medieval fortress, Roddi is one of the eleven villages where Barolo wine is produced
Pass By: Verduno, Verduno, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Pass By: Monforte d'Alba, Monforte d'Alba, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Different soil within the same area of production of Barolo wine and the chance to compare different types of Barolo
Pass By: Barbaresco, Barbaresco, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
On the East side of Alba, the same Nebbiolo grapes can produce a different wine, name after the town of Barbaresco
Departure Point :Piazza Trento e Trieste, 12051 Alba CN, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Your driver will meet you in front of the train station of Alba. If you are staying in one of the hotels in town or nearby let us know and we will let you know if the pickup can be set.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- A minimum number of 4 participants is required in order to confirm the tour. You will be informed 24 hours before the tour if such number is not met and offered a full refund. If you are interested in a private tour with just 2 adults, an extra fee of 50€ per adult is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.