Baroque Turin: Explore Piazza Castello on an audio walking tour
This self-guided audio tour lets you discover the beautiful Baroque palaces and churches on Turin’s Piazza Castello at your own pace using the VoiceMap mobile app. Turin is full of extraordinary stories and larger-than-life characters, but you have to know where to find them. I’m a local and a tour guide, and I want to share my passion for local history, culture and food with you. We’ll start near the castle-like fortifications of Palazzo Madama and take a lively stroll around the majestic Piazza Castello. Along the way, you’ll find out:
• The origins of the name Turin
• Why Turin is known as a centre for white and black magic
• How the Royal Church of Saint Lawrence came to have two churches inside it
• Who is the wealthy family behind many of Turin’s most impressive landmarks are
• Where to find Turin’s most famous restaurant
Whether it’s your first time in Turin or you’re a curious local, this tour is the perfect way to have a Turin adventure.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza Castello, 10123 Turin Italy
The tour takes place around Piazza Castello. You'll see all its main sights and some of its hidden corners too.
Pass By: Teatro Regio di Torino, Piazza Castello 215 I, 10124 Turin Italy
On this tour, you'll pass by the Royal Theatre of Turin.
Pass By: Archivio Di Stato Di Torino, Piazza Castello, 209, 10100 Turin Italy
You'll briefly stop outside the Turin's archives on this tour.
Pass By: Prefettura Ufficio Territoriale del Governo, Piazza Castello 205/199, 10124 Turin Italy
You make a brief stop outside the Prefecture on this tour.
Pass By: Biblioteca Reale di Torino, Piazza Castello 191, 10122 Turin Italy
This is another brief stop along the tour.
Pass By: Palazzo Reale, Piazzetta Reale 1 Piazza Castello, 10122 Turin Italy
You'll stop outside the Royal Palace and if you'd like to, you're able to pause or end the tour while you visit the palace before finishing the rest of the tour.
Pass By: Royal Church of Saint Lawrence, Via Palazzo di Città, 4, 10122 Torino TO, Italy
You'll stop briefly outside the church. You're also given the opportunity of going inside if you want to.
Pass By: Palazzo Madama, Piazza Castello, 10122 Turin Italy
On this tour, you'll briefly stop outside the oldest building in the city.
Pass By: Piazza Carignano, 10121 Turin Italy
You'll briefly stop outside the Piazza Carignano from where you'll see and hear about many important buildings/
Pass By: Baratti & Milano, Piazza Castello, 27, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
Before the final stop on the tour, you make a brief stop outside the historic confectionary shop Caffè Baratti & Milano.
Pass By: Caffè Mulassano, Piazza Castello, 15, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
This is where the tour ends, outside the historic Caffè Mulassano.
Departure Point :Piazza Castello, P.za Castello, Torino TO, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/10/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Caffè Mulassano, Piazza Castello, 15, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.