Barva Volcano Route, Braulio Carrillo National Park
In total there are about 11 km more or less depending on the trail and the condition! The route is between easy and moderate due to the height of 2700 masl, it is normally cold even in the dry season, January / June, the advantage is that there are few steep slopes and the trail is in good condition even in rain. It is a beautiful and very educational route near the capital.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - *** Ask for options
- Brunch - Fruits
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, North Of San Jose 19 km, San Jose 10104 Costa Rica
Braulio Carrillo National Park.
It has a conservation area that reaches 50,000 hectares, which makes it the largest protected area in the central region of Costa Rica. It is estimated that 6000 species of plants inhabit it, half of the plant species of Costa Rica. It has a rich diversity of fauna, both resident and migratory bird species, mammal species, as well as thousands of insect species. It has a large water resource important for human consumption and for the development of economic activities, such as agriculture, industry, tourism and hydroelectric energy production. It is mainly from evergreen tropical / humid forest, primary for what is considered the lung of the metropolitan area. On this route you will enjoy:
• The crater of the Volcan Barva
• Incredible viewpoints of the metropolitan area.
• Primary forests
• Possibilities to see local flora and fauna.
• Pick nic at the park exit
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Central Park, San José Province, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/8/2020 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.