Batemans Bay Oyster Tasting Kayak Tour
Join 4th generation oyster farmers on a kayak tour for a working insight into Australia's Oyster Coast. The magnificent Clyde River Estuary system in Batemans Bay is home to some of the most successful oyster farmers on the South Coast of NSW, paddle and taste the romance of the finest oysters from the purest Australian waters. Be treated, eating the freshest oysters you can, taken from the river that morning the staff at the Oyster shed pass out plates of the 2 varieties of oysters grown. Learn about the local cultivation techniques, the science behind farming, oyster varieties and life as an oyster farmer from Jade, Greg and Enola from the Oyster Shed on Wray Street. Following the tasting and talk, float in your kayak through working oyster farms!
per adult from
What's included :
- Oyster tasting
- Opening demonstration
- All equipment
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attraction
- The Clyde estuary system has become part of a much larger story due to the success of the Australias Oyster Coast initiative.
This kayak tour starts with introduction of the equipment and paddle practice, prior to slipping onto the calm smooth waters of the Clyde river. In no time you will become part of the successful story that is oyster farming on the Clyde river, Batemans Bays largest estuary system. You'll first paddle to the Oyster Shed on Wray Street where local operators will give informative farming talks, tastings and offer oysters by the dozen for sale.
The tour then continues on, kayaking through working oyster farms and packing sheds all within easy floating distance of you starting location at the Batemans Bay bridge.
Oysters are offered for sale on this experience. You can load as many dozen as you wish in your stable double sea kayak.
Departure Point :6 Wray St, North Batemans Bay NSW 2536, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.