Baths of Caracalla Virtual reality experience
the Baths of Caracalla in Rome has become the first archaeological site in Italy to be entirely viewable in 3D with virtual images viewed through an easily portable Cardboard Headset. Therefore, the building is ideally suited for an immersive 3D reconstruction, thanks to a georeferencing and orientation system that continuously reconstructs the image of whatever the viewer is looking at, in the headset, establishing a link between physical and virtual reality and enabling visitors to travel through time, between past and present, through the fourth dimension. The visit, divided into ten stages, 6 of which with virtual reality, revealing the various functions of the Baths of Caracalla and returning a complete image of the monument.
The audio-video guide "Caracalla IVD"will allow visitors to discover the baths as they were in 216 a.C., at the time of their innauguration, thanks to fasithful 3D virtual reconstructions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Booked ticket to the Thermae of Caracalla, presale fee and service fee included
- the option Baths of Caracalla Virtual reality experience includes Audio guides
- the option Baths of Caracalla Virtual reality experience includes 4D viewers
- map of Rome
- Entry/Admission - Terme di Caracalla
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viale delle Terme di Caracalla 52, 00153 Rome Italy
Visit the impressive Thermae of Caracalla and skip the line at the entrance. Discover the original appearance of the Hot Springs thanks to virtual reality. Let yourself be enveloped by the Roman atmosphere recreated in 4D
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please be at the entrance 10/15 minutes before the scheduled visit. If you are late you will lose the reservation and you will not be refunded
- Remember that you must show an identity document at the entrance, in case of having tickets with reduced rate.
- The voucher must be presented printed
- Attention: the use of 4D viewers is not recommended for children under 12 years of age or for people with epilepsy or serious eye diseases.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.