Bay Fishing South Padre Island
The fishing on the bay is great fishing, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Whiting, and many others, including Red Fish. Bay fishing trips primarily target tasty sand trout and whiting but customers will also have opportunities to catch red drum and black drum. Customers can also bring their own gear if they desire, but Captain Murphy’s will not be responsible for it.
All persons fishing, ages 17 and older are required to have a valid Texas Saltwater Fishing License. You can easily purchase a fishing license online by going to Texas Parks and Wildlife website and Fishing License
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- We provide everything you need to fish with; rod, reel, tackle and bait.
What's excluded :
Captain Murphy’s offers three-bay fishing trips daily aboard the 54-foot vessel Hard Bottom Too. South Padre Island Bay Fishing catches include sand trout, whiting, drum, shark, sheepshead and more (depending on the season). Captain Murphy’s provides the rod, reel, and all bait and tackle.
Departure Point :33256 State Park Rd 100, South Padre Island, TX 78597, USA
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face Masks are available for $1 purchase
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.