Bear Photography on Spring Winter
The first bears of the year arrive to the hide area usually at the end of March up until the first week of April at the latest. The day timetables of April have been adjusted to suit the change in day length, as bears may arrive earlier and this way daylight hours can be better utilised. The conditions of spring may vary from year to year, such as temperature, amount of snow and its melting rate. In April springs progression occurs quickly and the landscape may change rapidly. In the beginning of the month there may be a lot of snow and by the end there may only be a little left. Changes can be very quick with fast melting of snow occuring if there is warm weather and rain. As spring progresses, the day length increases several minutes every day. Snow reflects light efficiently so photography is not just limited to the hours of daylight available. It is also possible to photograph for longer during a full moon, when the sky is clear it is possible to photograph through the night.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
Bear Centre offer some of the best opportunities anywhere in the world to view wild brown bears safely at close quarters. The probability to see and photograph a bear is 90-99 %, depending on the month, and each season about 20-30 bears visit the hide area. Some evenings several bears may be seen at the same time and the nearest bear may be a few meters from the ”Bear House”.
Departure Point :Kostamustie 5644, 88930 Kuhmo, Finland
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.