Bear Sanctuary & Rasnov Fortress - Private day tour from Bucharest
See the Carpathian Brown Bears in Transylvania & visit an amazing fortress! A private day trip to see the Bear Sanctuary in Transylvania,
travel through the beautiful countryside.
Visit Rasnov Fortress - a medieval peasant fortress dating the 14th century. Learn about the history from an expert local guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- English-speaking licensed guide & driver
- Transportation by air-conditioned car / van
- Entry/Admission - Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti
- Entry/Admission - Rasnov Citadel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti, DN 73A km 6 - near the entrance in Zarnesti from Rasnov, Zarnesti 500075 Romania
The sanctuary was opened in 2005, nowadays over 70 bears enjoying a new life in the Libearty Bear Sanctuary – 70 hectares of oak and hazel forest in the Carpathian Mountains above the Transylvanian town of Zarnesti. Here, the bears climb trees, swim in fresh water pools and forage on the vegetation. These forested areas contain hibernation dens and hundreds of trees with lush natural vegetation. For many of the bears, having been caught from the wild as cubs, this is a new and stimulating experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rasnov Citadel, Unirii Square no. 12, Rasnov 505400 Romania
The town of Rasnov was founded around 1225 by German Teutonic Knights. Rasnov’s impressive fortress - was built in the 14th century to protect the people of Rasnov and surrounding villages from the numerous Ottoman invasions happening at the time. During periods of war, the townsfolk would pick up their cattle and retreat into the fortress.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotel or apartment rental in Bucharest. Your guide will meet you in your hotel lobby.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for children under 5 years old as they are not allowed to enter the Bear Sanctuary.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.