Bears, Trains & Icebergs Tour
❖ Ride the Glacier Discovery Train
❖ Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
❖ Float by Icebergs on Spencer Glacier Lake & 7 River Miles Down the Placer River Valley on the Most Scenic River Trip in Alaska
You won’t see more on a day on the AK Railroad than on this trip. Many of our guests tell us it is their best day in Alaska.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - Sack lunch included. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or requests ahead of time.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Spencer Glacier
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Mile 79 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
Take a brief shuttle to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center for a guided & interpretive tour of the animals. The center is Alaska’s premier rehabilitation facility for injured and orphaned wildlife. AWCC Tour runs 1.5 hours and includes walking and driving options to view the animals. A sack lunch is provided with this tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Spencer Glacier, Alaska
Spencer Iceberg Float - 2 Hours on the Water at Spencer Glacier and 7 River Miles down the Placer River.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
2: Alyeska Resort & Hotel Alyeska, 1000 Arlberg Ave, Girdwood, AK 99587, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Chugach Adventures' was one of the few adventure tour companies that fully and safely operated in 2020. We created an extensive COVID-19 mitigation plan to successfully operate in 2020 for both our travelers and our employees; and are committed to continuing with our plan in 2021.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.