Beaujolais Crus Wines & Castles - Afternoon - Small Group Tour from Lyon
Brouilly, Morgon, Chiroubles, Fleurie, Moulin-a-Vent, Juliénas, etc. Welcome to the Northern Beaujolais Region where the elite Gamay wines called "crus" are produced! Along this wine tour, as you drive through charming towns with beautiful castles, let us introduce you to some of the most renowned Beaujolais wines at a small family winery & in the magnificent cellar of a Chateau Estate:
per adult from
What's included :
- High Comfort 8-seaters minibus with air-conditionning
- Guiding in English and French language.
- Expert guide in wine and Lyon region.
- Wine tasting included (9/10 wines)
What's excluded :
- Afternoon: Beaujolais Wine Road & Terroir
At 2:00 pm, your 8-seater minibus leaves Place Bellecour in Lyon to the Northern Beaujolais called CRUS wine region.
Start the journey travelling on the beautiful Beaujolais "Route des Vins" and with your guide learn about the "terroir" (french philosphy for wine) and the different characteristics of the Beaujolais "crus" wines appellations.
Pass the Mont Brouilly, a strikingly beautiful dormant volcano covered by secular vineyards and cross the famous wine towns of Régnié, Morgon & Fleurie.
Then, Stop at La Madone Chapel and enjoy a breathtaking panaroma of the Beaujolais wine region: on clear days, you may have the chance to see the Alps and the Mount Blanc!
Visit of a Beaujolais family winery & Château winery Estate
At 3:30 pm, push the door of a small family winery, meet a passionate wine-maker and learn the different steps of the unique wine making process of Beaujolais called "semi-carbonic" maceration.
Then, go to the nicely decorated caveau (wine-tasting room) to enjoy several crus Beaujolais wines in a fun and friendly atmosphere!
Travel again on the Beaujolais wine road to reach a Chateau Wine Estate and enter a magnificent cellar full of oak barrels.
Wine-taste several crus wines coming from different "terroirs" of the Beaujolais in this amazing cellar setting. Take your time to savor these beautiful Crus wines as your guide describe them and tell you about their aromas, balance and complexity ...
At 6:30 pm, we will drop you off in Lyon Bellecour Square.
Departure Point :Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de la Métropole de Lyon, Place Bellecour, 69002 Lyon, France
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.