Beaujolais Wine Discovery - Morning - Small Group Tours from Lyon
Three rivers flow through Lyon: the Rhône, the Saône and... the Beaujolais! Come to discover the Southern part of the Beaujolais region and discover behind the famous label the unknown & preserved beauty of the “Pierres Dorées” or Golden Stones Country. Visit Oingt medieval towns built in a unique yellow stone and then make 2 stops for wine-tasting sparkling, white, rosé and red beaujolais!
per adult from
What's included :
- High Comfort 8-seaters minibus with air-conditionning
- Guiding in English and French language.
- Expert guide in wine and Lyon region.
- Wine tasting included (7/8 wines)
What's excluded :
- Morning : Beaujolais Golden Stones Discovery Visit of Oingt Medieval Town
At 9:00 am, your 8-seater minibus leaves Place Bellecour in Lyon to the Southern Beaujolais region. After a transfer of 30 min approx., discover one of the prettiest wine countries in France also called the "Small French Toscany"!
Travel through beautiful rolling hills dotted with secular vineyards and cross several quaint medieval towns built in a gorgeous golden ochre stone.
Visit Oingt town listed as one of the “157 Most Beautiful Villages in France” and stroll through a warren of little streets hosting many artists and craftsmen boutiques.
Enjoy beautiful panoramic views over the Beaujolais and learn about its terroir and geography.
Stop at two wineries for wine-tasting Sparkling, white, rosé & red Beaujolais:
Follow this morning wine tour with a first winery where you will get to be introduced to the unknown sparkling white and rosé Beaujolais.
With your guide, learn the different basic steps of the subtle art of sniffing, swirling and sipping while you taste and how French wines are classified between generic, villages and crus appellations.
After a short drive, push the door of a second winery, meet a passionate wine-maker and immerse yourself in French history and tradition.
Learn about grape growing and the unique beaujolais wine making process called "semi-carbonic maceration" when grapes are all picked by hand and not crushed at all.
Finally go to the caveau (wine-tasting room) and taste several red Beaujolais in a great authentic atmosphere.
At 1:30 pm, we will drop you back in Lyon Bellecour Square.
Departure Point :Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de la Métropole de Lyon, Place Bellecour, 69002 Lyon, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.