Becal & Campeche from Mérida, Yucatán
The name of BÉCAL is possibly the Castilianization of the Mayan word BEL-KAH, that is to say "Path that leads to the people". However, there is another version that defends the origin of Bécal from the word BEL-HA, which in Spanish means "Way of water", since according to comments from the old settlers, there was a stream of water that crossed the center of the town, -in what is currently the subsoil of the Municipal Palace-, being stored in a small cenote.
As time went on, the water mantle was reduced until it completely disappeared, then, the name of the village becomes BEL-CAN, "Camino de culebras".
When the Spaniards arrived in these Mayan lands, they changed the phonetic and prosodic sense of many populations, which is why BEL-CAN is transformed into Bécal, the name by which it is known today.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Meals and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Museo Becal, Calle 30 A un costado de la glorieta de la artesana., Campeche 24930 Mexico
- 8:00 hrs: You will be picked up from your hotel in Mérida and transferred to the small town of Becal.
- From Becal, he will continue his journey through Campeche, the old walled city, - located on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and, once a fortress against the attacks of pirates during the colonial era.
- Your first stop will be at Fort San Miguel, the largest 17th-century fortress in Campeche, now converted into the Mayan Archaeological Museum.
- You will visit the historic district of the city and enjoy a local lunch.
- You will have free time to explore on your own, walk and take pictures of the cathedral and the old gates of Puerta de Mar and Puerta de Tierra.
- 17:00 hrs: Return to your hotel in Merida.
*This itinerary is approximate*
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up will be at any hotel in Mérida Yucatán.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.