Become a beekeeper for a day
It is an activity that unites, wild nature, adventure, Gourmets products, animals, culture and tradition in a single activity available to everyone, from the smallest to the oldest.
So far you could only see it through documentary videos, and now you can live it and meet them in the first person.
Know the importance of bees in our day to day, and how much they teach us.
per adult from
What's included :
- Whole safety suit (beekeeper), with gloves included.
- Snacks - Honey tasting, paired with local products.
What's excluded :
- Beekeeping is part of one of the oldest traditional trades, a knowledge that has been transmitted from generation to generation and that is linked to the use of the land, the use of natural resources and the sustainable use of the territory contribute to the improvement and maintenance of biodiversity.
Come and enjoy a beekeeping day, in which you will learn about the fundamental jobs that a beekeeper has to carry out, throughout the year, becoming one of them for a day.
You will learn, among other things, what an apiary is, what life is like in a hive, you will meet its inhabitants (queen, workers and drones) and the work that each one of them does (take care of and feed the queen, heat the breeding, cleaning the hive,
guardians of the piquera, pecorear ...) etc.
You will visit one of our apiaries and carry out activities such as lighting the flue, opening a hive and observing its different parts, you will have a beekeeper's suit so that the visit to the apiary is rewarding, enriching and safe.
The day will end with a honey tasting workshop, along with other local products from the area.
* Subject to weather conditions *
• Real Monasterio De Santa Maria de Guadalupe, Plaza De Santa Maria De Guadalupe, 10140 Caceres Spain
• Honey Tasting
• Local Products - Cheese of the Ibores, Black Pudding, Loaf of artisan Bread with nuts.
Departure Point :Av. Quinto Centenario, 42, 10140 Guadalupe, Cáceres, Spain
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- It is not recommended for travelers with bee venom allergy.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.