Beginner Rock Climbing Adventure Tour
Want to try rock climbing? This St.Thomas shore excursion is perfect for those looking for their first climbing experience with a short hike. Includes pick up and drop off from cruise ship ports and major hotels on St.Thomas, use of all needed gear, photos, bottled water and snack.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off from St.Thomas cruise ship ports and major hotels on St. Thomas
- Helmet, harness, climbing shoes
- All needed equipment
- Climbing instruction
- Bottled water and a light snack
- Entry/Admission - St. Thomas Adventure Tours
What's excluded :
- Gratuity is recommended (15-20%). Automatic 15% gratuity is due upon arrival for groups of 5 or more
- Lunch- it is recommended that participants bring snacks (granola bars are provided)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Thomas Adventure Tours, St. Thomas
Looking to knock off outdoor rock climbing from your bucket list? Look no further! This outdoor rock climbing shore excursion is perfect for a first time climber. No experience (indoor or outdoor), partner, gear or equipment is needed. Includes pick up and drop off!
Hike along a short trail to a beautiful and unique beach comprised of large rocks. Climb your way along the beach and through a small cave to reach the climbing routes. Your guide will teach you about native plants, wildlife and history during this fun outdoor adventure! A snack, bottled water, full instruction and guidance is provided. Use of harness, helmet, climbing shoes and all needed equipment is also included.
Complimentary pick up and drop off is from major hotels on St. Thomas and both cruise ship ports on St. Thomas.
ALTERNATE START TIMES: Please call to inquire if needed to accommodate your ship's schedule.
BEFORE YOU BOOK: Read the size and physical condition restrictions.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time depends on the location of your hotel or cruise ship port. Transportation must be pre-arranged with the tour operator. Cruise ship guests - please contact the tour operator before your ship sails. Ports
- Havensight/WICO Ship Port (St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie)
- Crown Bay Ship Port (St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie)
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum head circumference: 24 inches. waist circumference 24- 38 inches. Thigh circumference: 17-26 inches. Climbing shoes are provided in standard sizes: Men's 6-13.5 and Women's 5-11. We do not have extra wide shoes. If your shoe size is not within the standard sizes noted, please bring your own climbing shoes or a low profile (not bulky) sneaker. Low profile shoes fit best in foot holds.
- Minimum age to participate is 13 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and require a parent or guardian present to sign a consent form.
- All participants must be in good physical condition, have good endurance, coordination and balance and able to walk over uneven terrain (hiking and rocky beach)
- You cannot participate if you are afraid of water, small spaces or heights, have epileptic seizures, vertigo problems, have a cardiac condition, weakness or medical problem with arms or legs, are hearing impaired or require hearing aids.
- If you have special dietary needs, such as Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, etc. you must provide this information when you book the tour so that the guide will have a snack that meets your dietary needs.
- Gratuity is suggested for all groups. Mandatory 15% gratuity is due in cash on the day of the tour for groups of 5 or more.
- Pick up and drop off must be arranged in advance with tour provider. Pick up is from ship ports or major hotels on St. Thomas. Ship passengers must arrange before the start of the cruise.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The full name and date of birth for each participant must be provided when booking the reservation. Every participant must provide ID with a birth date upon check-in for the tour. The name of the ID must match the name on the reservation for each participant. No substitutions of participants.
- Each participant's weight, waist size (circumference in inches at the navel) and shoe size (with gender) MUST be advised at time of booking
- 4/29 to 5/2 No hotel/ship pick up/drop off available.
- Age: 13 and up. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Physical condition: Participants must be fit, physically active, have good endurance, good balance and coordination, be able to walk and climb over uneven terrain and be able to move at a moderate pace. Medical conditions: You cannot participate if you are aqua-phobic, claustrophobic (we climb through a small cave), acro-phobic (fear of heights), suffer cardiac condition, are subject to epileptic seizures, have a weakness or medical problems with your legs or arms, are hearing impaired or suffer from vertigo. If you have limited mobility, you should not take part. If you have back, neck, joint or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether or not to participate. Size restrictions: Maximum head circumference: 24 inches. All participants must meet the following size restrictions: Maximum head circumference: 24 ". Min. waist circumference: 24 ". Max. waist circumference: 42 ". Min. thigh circumference: 17 ". Max. thigh circumference: 26". Weight must not exceed 220 pounds. Note:Climbing shoes are provided in the following standard sizes only: Men's 6-13 and Women's 5-11. If you are not within these sizes or need to wear a shoe for an extra wide foot, please wear your own shoes for climbing. We suggest either a shoe made for climbing or a low profile sneaker so they are good for slotting into footholds on the rock (bulky shoes are not recommended).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Tour size: 2 to 4 guests. Enhanced disinfecting and deep cleaning of all gear. Snack and water is served in single use packaging. Guide will wear mask when social distancing isn't possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.