Beginner Surfing in San Francisco (Pacifica Beach)
Learn to Surf! All rental equipment is included free-of-charge. This clinic was designed with the beginner in mind – we welcome complete newbies as well as people who have tried surfing on there own for a while and still need help. We will walk you through all the basics to get you started and catching waves! Participants will learn about ocean awareness, wave breaks, ocean conditions, safety in and out of the water, wave etiquette, paddling, push up and pop up techniques, as well as riding waves and balancing. All students will start out in shallow areas riding the whitewater until they are comfortable with venturing further out.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- All Rental Gear at no charge
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include parking fees.
Our beginner surf clinic covers all the basics - we'll provide the gear (wetsuit and surfboard). Participants will begin with a land-lesson to learn about ocean awareness, wave breaks, ocean conditions, safety in and out of the water, wave etiquette, paddling, push up and pop up techniques, as well as riding waves and balancing. Then, students will move in to the water and start out in shallow areas riding the whitewater until they are comfortable with venturing further out. Our instructors are all CPR/First-Aid and lifeguard certified, and ready to teach you the basics of surfing. Participants can expect approximately 2 hours of water time in a 3 hour lesson – the start of the class does have some “setup” time built-in to get people suited up and down on to the beach, and the land lesson can take about 30-35 minutes. We provide a safe and non-threatening environment for the beginning surfer – no angry localism here! Come have fun learning how to surf and explore the wonders of the ocean with our experienced guides. If you have ever thought about surfing and thought “no way”, think again! Lets catch some waves!
Departure Point :5000 Pacific Coast Hwy, Pacifica, CA 94044, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.