Beginner’s Snowshoeing Adventure
If you’ve always wanted to try snowshoeing but didn't know where to begin, look no further, you've found the right spot. If you are unfamiliar, snowshoeing is an activity which allows you to travel easily through snow-packed terrain. Experience a compelling introduction into the art of snowshoeing starting right here! We'll take you to the Chugach State Park's Glen Alps just to the east of Anchorage, a place everyone needs to visit at least once while in Alaska.
• Experience an intro to snowshoeing at the Anchorage's Glen Alps with an experienced guide!
• Perfect for solo travelers, couples, and families with older children.
• Enjoy breathtaking views of the Anchorage Bowl and Cook Inlet
• Learn about Alaska's alpine spruce forests narrated by skilled naturalists.
• Opportunity for wildlife sightings, including moose, hares, lynx, and birds!
• Provisions include a prepacked snack, courtesy of Kat’s Epic Trail Bites, and snowshoes of course!
Try it with us today!
per adult from
What's included :
- Day packs or trekking poles available upon request. Snowshoes provided.
- Snacks - High-calorie trail bites
What's excluded :
- No hotel, B&B, Air B&B, or other accommodation pickups.
- Must meet at designated meeting location or provide own transportation to trailhead.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, 18620 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
If you have always wanted to try snowshoeing but did not know where to begin, look no further. What is snowshoeing? Snowshoeing is an activity which allows you to travel easily through snow-packed terrain. We will start by taking you to the mountainous wonderland of Glen Alps in the Chugach mountains just to the east of Anchorage. After a quick introduction on how to use a snowshoe, we will begin by walking around the parking lot until you get comfortable using them; you will get the hang of balancing and adjusting your stance almost immediately.
After everyone feels comfortable walking in their shoes, we will set off on our path. Our circuit takes us approximately two miles through hemlock forests and snow-covered alpine meadows. We will have plenty of opportunity for taking photos of the magnificent valley. There is opportunity to see small mammals, birds, or perhaps even a moose!
Transportation included in total time of tour:
(1 hour transportation & 4 hours hiking)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :William A. Egan Civic & Convention Center, 555 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Experience Suggestions: None required, but you should be able to walk at least 3 miles on flat pavement, or 2.5 miles of uneven rolling terrain over the course of 2 hours. Some parts of the trail are steep and hilly, placing additional stress on areas of the body not impacted by level terrain. Not recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues/illness. May be difficult for those with severe joint issues.
- Most travelers can participate
- Participation waiver signature required prior to departure.
- If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will accommodate you with a different snack option.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.