Behind Pablo Escobar's Steps Tour
We are aware that Colombia is also famous for having one of world’s most known drug lords in history. So, if you want to learn how a man can change the whole economy of a country and make history, don’t miss this 4-hour tour on Pablo Escobar's steps. You’ll be taken to the most iconic places in Escobar's life such as the monastery of Santa Gertrudis, Monaco building and Pablo Escobar neighborhood. Lear about him and about how Colombia has also moved on from his actions.
● An authentic tour and one of a kind
● Get accurate information about Escobar from a local tour guide
● Get to visit the most iconic places in Escobar's history: Monaco building, Santa Gertrudis Monastery, Montesacro cemetery.
● Discover all sides of history and understand better our current context from our past
● Get an overall perspective on how narcotraffic worked and what happens nowadays with it in Medellin
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All risk insurance
- Gran Colombia Tours Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Museum Pablo Escobar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Medellin, Medellin, Antioquia Department
Get to know the real story behind one of the most complex chapters in Colombia’s history, and get wider and more diverse perspectives about the polemic character of Pablo Escobar.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Parque El Poblado, Calle 10 y Carrera 43A, Medellin 050014 Colombia
Our 4-hour tour will start when our expert local guide picks you up from the hotel and take you to El Poblado neighborhood.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de Santa Gertrudis, Parque do Envigado, Bairro Envigado, Medellin Colombia
We will go to the place where the monastery of Santa Gertrudis was erected, the luxurious prison where Pablo Escobar was held.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museum Pablo Escobar, Calle 10 b # 28-90 Barrio El Poblado, Lomas 2., Medellin 050021 Colombia
Afterwards, we will visit Pablo Escobar neighborhood where he built thousands of houses for the poor and will review his doings to understand furthermore why he was beloved by some part of the community.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cementerio Jardines Montesacro, Carrera 42 25 51, Itagui 055413 Colombia
Did he commit suicide? Was he executed by the United States? By the Colombian forces? Is he dead? We will finish the tour in the Montesacro cemetery, where Pablo Escobar's tomb is one of the most visited in the churchyard.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up our clients anywhere within Medellin city - hotels, hostels, Airbnb, vacation rentals, points of interest, and also at José María Córdova International Airport.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- At Gran Colombia Tours we ensure your well-being and safety. Our team of tour guides, drivers, and collaborators are prepared to assist you by complying with all biosecurity protocols. We protect ourselves from COVID-19 with all the measures to welcome you back.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.