Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Mission San Luis Rey
Join us for a special Behind-the-Scenes tour of the beautiful Mission San Luis Rey grounds and historic sites led by one of our trained docents. The tour is about 60 minutes long and allows visitors to see areas not normally open to the public such as the private rose gardens and the pepper tree. Docents provide interesting historical facts and stories about the historic church, the cemetery and the site in general.
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Entry/Admission - Mission San Luis Rey
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Visit: Mission San Luis Rey, 4050 Mission Ave., Oceanside, CA 92057-6402
Enjoy an exclusive Behind-the-Scenes tour of Historic Mission San Luis Rey. In addition to a comprehensive tour of the museum, Historic Church, and Cemetery, you will also explore the private gardens of Mission San Luis Rey not normally open to the public. The Mission's docents will share interesting stories about the Mission, the Luiseno Indians, and the Franciscan Friars.This tour is for all ages, but due to it's length of 60 minutes, very young children may not enjoy the tour.
On your reservation date check in at the Museum Desk by 12:45pm. At 1pm the small group will be led on a tour by one of the Mission's trained docents and you will visit areas normally not open to the public such as the private gardens. Additionally the docents will provide detailed information about the Mission's history and architecture not available on the regular self-guided museum tour.
Departure Point :Mission San Luis Rey, 4050 Mission Ave., Oceanside, CA 92057-6402
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Behind-the-Scenes tours are currently only available to those who live in the same household and by reservation only. Call 760-757-3651, ext 170.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.