Beijing Layover Tour: Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
Understand why Beijing has always been the center of social and political action on a layover uncovering the prominent and solemn Tiananmen Square, walk in the footsteps of China’s grand emperors at the Forbidden City, explore ancient religious grounds at the Temple of Heaven, gaze into the beautiful gardens at the Summer Palace.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at airport
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance Fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Heaven
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Start off by paying testament to China’s communist regime and the Maoist influence on the nation's modern day history at Tiananmen Square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Proceed to explore the grandiose Forbidden City; the largest and most complete imperial palace and ancient building complex in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Heaven, Tiantan Road, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100050 China
Admire the magnificence of the Temple of Heaven and learn more about the royal ritual sacrifice to heaven, get to know hidden Chinese culture behind the grand architecture and famous sound effects.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
Finally, get intrigued at the imperial gardens at the Summer Palace and walk through one of the longest corridors in the world as you listen to stories behind its beautiful paintings and scenery and find out how the stunning Kunming Lake is.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Crowne Plaza International Airport Beijing, 60 Fuqian 1st St, 天竺镇 Shunyi Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Please apply for free visa permit after landing at the Beijing Capital airport. Your tour guide will hold your name board and pick up at Starbucks Coffee at the arrival floor in Terminal 3 or Terminal 2.Airports
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.