Beijing Private Layover Tour of Ming Tombs, Beihai Park and Jingshan Park
Visit several top attractions in the north of Beijing’s old city center during the private layover tour. With an expert guide, learn about the cultural importance of ancestor worship, stroll around Beihai Park and admire the imperial architecture. At dusk, we will climb the Jingshan and view the Forbidden City from Jingshan. At this time it is particularly beautiful, palace eaves decorated with golden rays of the setting sun.
1. Visit the UNESCO-listed Ming Tombs, a series of mausoleums to the ancient rules of the Ming Dynasty
2. Stroll around Beihai Park and admire the imperial architecture and views
3. Have a bird's eye view of the Forbidden City from Jingshan
4. Learn about local insights, history and geography from your private guide
5. Time-smart arrangements: no hurrying, no shopping and no wasted time
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance of the indicated attractions
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
- Entry/Admission - Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling), Ming Shisan Ling Area, Changling Town, Changping District, Beijing 102213 China
Your tour guide will meet you at exit of the airport with the welcoming board on which your name will be written at 08:30 a.m.. Then, we will transfer to the Ming Tombs and start the highlight layover tour.
A series of temple-like structures and burial mounds, the Ming Tombs contain the remains of 13 of the 16 emperors who ruled China during the Ming Dynasty (1368 to 1644). Of the 13 tombs, three are open to the public and accessible via a statue-lined path called the Sacred Way, where the carvings of mythical animals and legendary figures are believed to ward off evil spirits. The Ming Tombs Museum sits just behind the ticket office and offers a short introduction to each of the 13 entombed emperors.
After lunch, we will drive back to Beijing downtown, visit Beihai Park, climb Jingshan and view the Forbidden City from Jingshan.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan), No.1 Wenjin Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100034 China
Located to the west of the Forbidden City and Jingshan Park, Beihai Park is one of the best-preserved imperial parks in the center of Beijing.
More than half of the area is taken up by a large lake, where lots of travelers go boating in the summer and skating in the winter. The White Pagoda on the mountain beside the lake is the symbol of this park, which offers a vantage point with a beautiful view of the whole park. Other ancient buildings, such as Hao Pu Creek Garden, Quiet Heart Studio, Nine-dragon Screen, Five Dragon Pavilions and Circular City, show different effects of mountain-water combinations in ancient Chinese architectures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan), No.44 Jingshanxi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Jingshan Park is superbly landscaped with hills to ascend by steps, clear lakes and dignified ancient buildings. It used to be one of the ancient imperial gardens in Beijing and now has developed as a peaceful public park. Vigorous cypresses are planted widely in the park, creating a quiet and solemn atmosphere with the golden-glazed ancient pavilions.
Because of close to north of the Forbidden City, Jingshan Park is the best place for a bird's eye view of the Forbidden City and central Beijing. At dusk, the Forbidden City is particularly beautiful, palace eaves decorated with golden rays of the setting sun.
Afterwards, enjoy comfortable transfer back to Beijing Capital International Airport to catch your flight or your hotel. Wrap your memories and say good-bye.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Beijing, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.