Belgian Hidden Architectural Gem
Ghent is the hidden gem of Belgium, it is a true city with vivid life today. It’s history is rich and that is -obviously- reflected in the Architecture. From a stone castle in the 900s we start a tour til we finish right of Belgium Silicon Valley (the alternative name of Ghent). This tour is dedicated to enrich your knowledge of European architecture and history through the rise and fall of the Holy Roman Empire on the hands of Ghent’s most famous person: Emperor Charles V. He was born in the Counts of Flandre castle to rule Europe at that time.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vrijdagmarkt, Ghent 9000 Belgium
The large famous Markt of Gent and the home to history and stunning architecture.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Langemunt (Shopping Street), Ghent Belgium
We will cross this street on our way to the castle.
Stop At: Gravensteen, Sint-Veerleplein 11, Ghent 9000 Belgium
The Counts of Flanders castle is one of the city oldest buildings and a witness of the power of the Flemish counts since the medieval time.
We will figure out togther why there is a pillar in front of it and what building has the most beautiful baroque faced in the city.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Stadshal, Poeljemarkt, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.