Belize Cave Tubing Adventure from San Ignacio
Hike through lush subtropical forest to remarkable limestone caves and hop on an inner tube for a cave-tubing journey downstream. Enjoy a swim in the refreshing cave waters and view sparkling formations through a series of caverns. You’ll learn about the geology and fascinating history of this Mayan underworld from your guide on an exciting Belize adventure you won’t forget! Hotel pickup and drop-off from San Ignacio Town are included in your 3-hour tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of river tube and life vest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within San Ignacio Town
- rum punch
What's excluded :
- Onward transfers to hotels outside San Ignacio Town
This tour departs San Ignacio at 9:00 AM, driving one hour and thirty minutes toward the east then south of Belize . Arriving to the park the guides will provide you with a tube, then you will hike through the jungle along the river bank. There are several starting points; the most popular is after a 45 min walk which is located in between two cave entrances. You have a choice of jumping in or lowering yourself into the water. The tubing adventure is two caves if you do the 45 min walk, if you do a shorter hike of half an hour then you end doing one cave. The first cave is just an easy float through the mountain you just sit back and relax as the guide interprets the Mayan culture and believes. After floating down the first cave we end between to cave entrances again were we can stop for a swim, and get ready for the last caving adventure. The last cave has some rapids that add to the adventure, and there are also a couple areas where you can get out and explore. At the end of the last cave we end up floating down the river ending where we started hiking. Cave tubing is for those who want to have an easy relaxing and fun day.
• Belize Family Adventure, San Ignacio Belize
• Belize Family Adventure, Burns Avenue, San Ignacio Belize
Departure Point :6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pick up for hotels within San Ignacio town limits. For hotels outside town, we can pick up for an additional surcharge.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended you wear a swimsuit and bring a change of clothes
- Please note: a minimum of 2 passengers is required in order for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Transfer included is within San Ignacio Town; for transfers outside town limits, a surcharge applies
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.