Belize City Extended Tour
In this compact Belize City tour, your Smart Travel Tour Guide will make sure that you get history, culture, cuisine and shopping in one package. After pick-up you guide will take you on an educational tour on the North side of Belize City. We then proceed along the Marine Parade and provide historic information on key locations such as: Chateau Caribbean Hotel, Memorial Park, Central Bank, MCC Grounds, Lindbergh's Landing, Marion Jones Sporting Complex, Old Belize City Prison among many other buildings.
We will be making 5 stops.
1. Museum of Belize (Previously the Old Belize City Prison)
2. The Belize Sign
3. St. John’s Church (the oldest Anglican Church in Central America)
4. Old Government House (Now the House of Culture)
5. Downtown Belize City (Albert Street Shopping Central)
Throughout the tour, guests will have the opportunity to take pictures, buy souvenirs, eat the local cuisine and meet local fruit/food vendors before making our way back to our starting point.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Belize
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Belize, Belize City Belize
The Museum of Belize is an art and history museum in Belize City. Previously known as Her Majesty's Prison, it was a replacement for a wooden prison nearby and was the Belize City Prison until 1993.
In 2002, it was restored and renovated into a national museum.It features exhibits of Maya artifacts and explores some 3,000 years of Maya history, the prison's history, colonial life, and cultural exhibits of the many ethnic groups of the nation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St John's Cathedral, Belize City Belize
It is a historical landmark of Belize from the colonial influence of the country's past. Attached to the church is the oldest cemetery in the country, Yarborough Cemetery. It was built by the British using slave labour.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Baron Bliss Lighthouse, Fort Street, Belize City Belize
Established in 1885, it has a focal plane painted white and red. It is named after one of Belize's greatest benefactors, Baron Bliss, who is known to have never actually set foot on Belizean shores but was impressed with our people's warm hospitality.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Downtown plaza, 27 Albert street, Belize City Belize
Downtown Belize City where visitors get to city the commercial and residential areas of the old capital. The area is filled with old colonial buildings, concrete structures and a variety of street vendors. It's the perfect location in Belize to people watch, indulge in the local street food, pick up souvenirs and get a feel for how the locals spend their days.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
San Pedro Belize Water TaxiOcean Ferry Water TaxiBelize City Municipal AirstripNOTE: We can't pick up from Harvest Caye Port in the mean time due to the distance going to Belize District. Please bear with us.Ports
- Belize City Cruise Port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.