Bellagio Walking Tour, Villa Melzi & Lunch
The sense of beauty has its origins in Bellagio; you feel it all around you, in the splendor of its noble mansions and villas, in the elegance of its boutiques and in the slower pace of life of its inhabitants. During this unique 2 hour and a half walking tour we will explore Bellagio’s historic centre and its marvelous and hidden surroundings. The tour will end by the entrance to the gardens of Villa Melzi, where lunch will be served at a gourmet Michelin listed local restaurant.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Friendly and professional English speaking guide
- Entrance Tickets to Villa Melzi
- Lunch at a Michelin listed restaurant (Italian appetizer, pasta, water and a glass of wine)
- Entry/Admission - I Giardini di Villa Melzi
- Entry/Admission - Lake Como Food Tours
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: I Giardini di Villa Melzi, Lungolario Manzoni, 22021 Bellagio Italy
You will admire the magnificent gardens of Villa Melzi. Our tour guide will introduce you to the history of the gardens and of the villa before taking you to our last stop, a gourmet Michelin-listed lakefront restaurant located by the entrance of the gardens.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Como Food Tours, _Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini Boat Terminal Ticket Office opposite Hotel du Lac., Bellagio Italy
During this unique 2 and a half hour walking tour you will explore Bellagio’s historic center and its marvelous and hidden surroundings. The first stop is Punta Spartivento, allowing you to admire the superb views of the lake’s three branches against a towering alpine background. We will then walk through the picturesque and colorful steep stone alleys of the hamlet bringing us to the characteristic fishing village of Pescallo. Moving on over the hills to Aureggio, the upper part of the peninsula crossing lush gardens and olive groves, we pass by noble villas and Romanesque churches descending a grassy path to the port of Loppia, home to rare examples of 19th century Larian Gondolas.
The tour continues with another highlight, the romantic gardens of Villa Melzi where our tour guide will introduce you to the history of the gardens and of the villa before taking you to our last stop, a gourmet Michelin-listed lakefront restaurant located by the entrance of the gardens. Here you will be able to relax while being served a delicious lunch, that includes a typical Italian appetizer, a home-made pasta dish, a glass of fresh local wine and our world-renowned espresso. You will fall in love with this enchanting location: small elegantly set tables gathered under a wonderful pergola overlooking the lake and the small fishing port of Loppia.
After lunch you shall be free to explore the gardens of Villa Melzi, using the tickets provided by our guide, and relax while taking in the colors and atmosphere of this enchanting place.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini, 22021 Bellagio CO, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :I Giardini di Villa Melzi, Lungo Lario Manzoni, 22021 Bellagio CO, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A fair amount of walking is involved. Please take note that during this tour we will ascend and descend the hilly townlands around Bellagio so make sure you are physically adapt and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.