Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa Cave Private Day Tour From Sofia
The Belogradchik rocks are considered to be one of the 20 new natural wonders in the world. Join our private day tour to this breathtaking place in Northwest Bulgaria, which is shaped directly from God's hands. In addition our guide will take you to amazing cave, called Venetsa, very close to the rock formations for your day tour to be perfect and full of outstanding beauty...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car
- Entry/Admission - Belogradchik Rocks
- Entry/Admission - Venetsa Cave
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belogradchik Rocks, Belogradchik 3900 Bulgaria
We will start early and at 8 o’clock will pick you up from your hotel in Sofia. After a 2 and a half hour journey, we will reach the town of Belogradchik and enter the fortress. The gigantic rock formations, some of which are more than 150m high, will leave you speechless. Using your imagination, and depending on how creative you are, you will see the Cobra, the Mask, the Rabbit, Eve and Adam and many other rock formations, not made by a human hand but by nature itself. Our guide will take you to the top of the fortress where you can enjoy the spectacular view. In front of you will be the Balkan mountain range, standing as brave guardian of the valley, in which the Belogradchik rocks are situated. The figures of Luka and Bithynia, engraved in the rocks, will remind you of their eternal love.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Venetsa Cave, Belogradchik 3945 Bulgaria
After the fortress, we will head to the Venetsa cave, which is 20 minutes away from the Belogradchik rocks. On the way, we will stop at two places where you can take pictures of the beautiful surroundings. The name “Venetsa” means “wreath” in Bulgarian. The name was given by a group of National Geographic explorers that declared the cave to be the most beautiful in the region. It was accidentally found in 1970 by miners and open to tourists in 2015. Once inside, you will be mesmerized by the cave formations and can even see a small model of the Belogradchik rocks.
After the cave we will proceed towards the small village of Falkovets. There you can enjoy traditional Bulgarian cuisine prepared in a small family restaurant. Torlak cuisine is typical for the region, it uses basic ingredients but it is delicious and filling.
At four o’clock we will depart back to Sofia with lovely pictures and memories from one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups are from your hotel in Sofia. Please provide the name of the hotel at the time of booking to be able to arrange a pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 3 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.