Belvedere Palace 2.5-Hour Private History Tour in Vienna: World-Class Art in an Aristocratic Utopia
Discover Belvedere complex on a two-and-a-half-hour history tour with a scholar guide and familiarize yourself with an architectural masterpiece of a bygone aristocratic splendor. After the one-hour excursion to the grounds and palaces, your guide will give you an introductory hour-and-a-half tour to point out the Art Museum’s highlights.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Two-and-a-half-hour private walk
- Professional art historian guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Upper Belvedere: Individual: €15, students & seniors €12.50 If you wish to visit the Lower Belvedere's temporary exhibition after your tour ends, you'll want to purchase a combined ticket to both Upper and Lower Belvedere. Upper & Lower Belvedere and Orangery: Individual: €22, students & seniors €19
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Belvedere Schlossgarten
- Entry/Admission - Belvedere Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belvedere Schlossgarten, Prinz-Eugen-Strasse 27, Vienna 1030 Austria
The Belvedere complex is an architectural masterpiece of a bygone aristocratic splendor designed to project a sense of earthly harmony. This terrestrial utopia was founded in the first decades of the 18th c. as a summer residence for Prince Eugene of Savoy, the commander-in-chief of the Austrian army and one of the most successful military commanders in modern European history. Among the most significant buildings of the 18th c., the grandiose palace of the Upper Belvedere is a masterstroke of Baroque architecture while the surrounding formal gardens were inspired by classical antiquity.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Belvedere Museum, Prinz-Eugen-Strasse 27, Vienna 1030 Austria
Belvedere became one of the first public museums in the world with the intention to make the Habsburgs’ imperial collection accessible to the general public. Today the Belvedere Museum exhibits a world-class compilation of Austrian and international painting from the Middle Ages to the present day, including precious items of the Austrian National Gallery: masterpieces by including some of Gustav Klimt’s most acclaimed paintings: works from his golden period: “The Kiss,” “Judith,” landscapes from the Attersee series and sophisticated portraits of high society ladies.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Belvedere Palace, Prinz Eugen-Straße 27, 1030 Wien, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
Client can send us a message up to 24 hours before their tour with their hotel pick-up information. If no hotel pick-up is not arranged, please meet the tour guide at the default meeting point at Belvedere Palace.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Your guide can help you purchase tickets at the beginning of your walk
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.