Beneath The Streets Underground History Tour
Go underground on a 1-hour walking history tour through Seattle's original neighborhood. Our experienced guides lead small groups through, and beneath, Pioneer Square to the street level that existed in the 1890s. Explore underground pathways that were built more than 120 years ago, learning details on early Seattle history, why these spaces were built, and how they have been used (and misused) over the years. Marvel at how this once Indian encampment has since transformed into one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Disposable masks available for purchase at $1.00 each for guests unable to provide their own mask
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Beneath the Streets, 102 Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98104-2206
Beneath the Streets focuses on factual, historical information that details the birth of our city, 1890’s architecture, and several other stories including the Klondike Gold Rush, Skid Row, and the Coast Salish Peoples that first inhabited the area. Our tour guides participate in workshops on cultural traditions and history with special guest historians and Native Tribal members as continual professional development.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pioneer Square, Yesler Street & 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
We cover four city blocks of historic
Pioneer Square and explore three
underground passageways originally constructed in the 1890's. You'll see and hear the history of the neighborhood from both the original and current street levels.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :102 Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Return Detail :119 S Main St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Effective July 7th, businesses may not serve any customer not in compliance with statewide face covering requirements. Disposable masks available for purchase at $1.00 each for guests unable to provide their own mask. Masks not required for those under age 5 or with exempt medical conditions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.