Bergen to Hardangerfjord Fjord Adventure
Come and join our fast, comfortable boat that departs Bergen twice a day to the beautiful village of Rosendal in Hardangerford. Your cruise takes in cascading waterfalls and stunning scenery, whilst giving you the chance to visit the castle and gardens of popular Barony Rosendal.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cultural and Scenic views
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Any admission fees to attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rosendal, Rosendal, Kvinnherad Municipality, Hordaland, Western Norway
Whilst in Bergen do you want a day out on the Fjords seeing some of the most stunning views Norway has to offer. There are not many waterfalls on the journey, but the coastal landscape is stunning, with skerries and small islands, until you start on the Hardangerfjord. Our boat is the best and quickest way to get a return cruise from Bergen to Rosendal.
Once in Rosendal some of the best know attractions are here and you have free time to explore these at your leisure, see the dazzling Hardangerfjord, the fourth longest fjord in the world, and the second longest fjord in Norway.
Pass By: Folgefonna National Park, Rosendal Norway
Close to the Rosendal pier is the famous Folgefonna National Park with the country’s third largest glacier located in the centre of the national park. This park is Exotic and dramatic and has attracted tourists since 1833. Here are glacier tongues and icefalls, wild valleys, and raging rivers of rushing meltwater and scenic summer pastures. Please bear in mind if you would like to have a glacier excursion, then you will need to book a guide and it can take up to 40 minutes to get from Rosendal to the glacier.
Pass By: Baroniet Rosendal, Postboks 235, Rosendal 5486 Norway
Also during your time we suggest you see the Baroniet (Barony) in Rosendal, this is a historic estate and manor house dating back to the 1600s. Scandinavia’s smallest castle is located here, based in a picturesque setting with enchanting, fragrant gardens as well as cafes and a restaurant. Our modern, comfortable boats offer sundecks and kiosks with refreshments, including beer and wine. Please note the Barony is not open in September, from October to end of April their is free entrance to Rosendal Gardens at the Barony. From June to end of August you can enjoy a guided tour (payable locally) around the grounds.
Pass By: Bergen, Bergen, Hordaland, Western Norway
The cruise takes two hours from Bergen to Rosendal and two hours back so make sure you leave enough time to enjoy yourself once in Rosendal. The stone park in Rosendal has free entrance, a guided tour around the Baroniet is normally 150 NOK which you can pay directly at the manor house. The departure Monday to Friday is 08:50 from Bergen and 14.25 departure back from Rosendal, on Saturdays and Sundays the times are 11am from Bergen and return 16.35 from Rosendal. Book now to make the most of the stunning sights Norway has to offer in and around Bergen.
Departure Point :Bergen, Bergen, Hordaland, Western Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A camera is advised to take with you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We have cut passenger capacity in half to allow extra space and plenty of seats for our guests. Guests stay at least 1 meter away from those who are not part of their household, everyone disinfects hands as board Disinfecting boat after each trip. Rest rooms & payment terminals, more often.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.