Berlin Kreuzberg - Food Tour
Welcome to a special city tour in one of Berlin’s most famous hotspots: Kreuzberg. We take you on a three-hours trip through the streets, backyards and restaurants of this unique neighbourhood. During this culinaric and cultural experience you feel the special atmosphere in Kreuzberg, get in touch with local people and architecture and spend a great time together with the other participants and your licensed tour guide. In five selected typical restaurants of Kreuzberg we enjoy the diverse gastronomy of the quarter – international, fusion or typical Berlin-style.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany
We meet at Kotti (Kottbusser Tor) right in the centre of vibrant Kreuzberg. After a short introduction you will have a broad overview of the history and lifestyle of this special place in Berlin.
Kreuzberg was founded as a typical working class neighbourhood in the middle of the 19th century. The people always fell on hard times here. They lived in huge building complexes, some of them in the fifth or sixth backyard. We discover these places in Oranienstraße and try to imagine life back in the days, when it was almost imposible to breathe fresh air; when many people didn’t rent a whole flat or a room, but an 8 hours-stay on a matress.
Obviously, most people of the working class had (radical) left-wing views. So Kreuzberg logically turned into a critical neighbourhood with constant demonstrations – escalations included.
Your guide is looking forward to show you the most important historic places and will forge a bridge to today’s every-day life and style in modern Kreuzberg. This place is a melting-pot for people of all provenances, opinions, lifestyles, sexualities and incomes. On our way
through the streets and history of the quarter, we meet the former GDR traffic-light men, visit SO36, the place of May Day March demonstrations, listen to dramatic reports of attempts to escape GDR, remember Martin Luther King’s visit in 1964 – and we get to know Berlin’s Jack the Ripper.
In the meantime, we enjoy exquisit snacks in selected restaurants of the neighbourhood.
People who love to travel know, that discovering new countries and cultures unconditionally means trying the local food. And we prefer to try various dishes instead of one big meal! With this varied selection, we intent to represent Kreuzberg’s multicultural and innovative spirit. You will try original Berlin recipes, intercultural crossover dishes and international delicatessen. The way to your heart is through your stomach... So after three hours, you will see Kreuzberg from many different points of view. And you maybe understand, why Kreuzberg is the most vibrant place to be in Berlin.
After this culinaric and cultural experience, you are definatley prepared to start your next adventure in Kreuzberg and enjoy the glittering nightlife.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Reichenberger Str. 174, 10999 Berlin, Germany
Return Detail :Kottbusser Damm 95, 10967 Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with major walking problems, as this is a public walking tour the guest have to keep up with the guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.