Bern Small-Group Day Trip from Lucerne With Emmental Dairy Visit
Step back in time to medieval Switzerland and explore the country’s rural heartlands on this Bern day trip from Lucerne. Travel through the mountainous Entlebuch Valley — a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve — with your guide; visit the Kambly Experience to see how Switzerland’s finest biscuits are made; and explore Bern’s UNESCO World Heritage–listed Old Town. Then, gain insight into the ancient art of Emmental cheesemaking during a visit to a show dairy. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
per adult from
8 hours 45 minutes
What's included :
- Transportation in comfortable Mercedes minibus, free WIFI included
- Professional multilingual guide
- Visit to Kambly Experience with biscuit tasting
- Visit to Emmentaler show dairy, incl. audio-visual museum “King’s Way” and cheese tasting
- Goodie bag incl. typical Swiss products
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
Hop aboard your air-conditioned minivan in central Lucerne and journey out into the countryside to begin your tour.
Stop At: Kambly Erlebnis, Mühlestrasse 8, 3555 Trubschachen, Switzerland
As you travel, listen as your guide talks of the region’s rich history and culture and enjoy stunning views of the scenic Entlebuch Valley — an area of unspoilt moorlands and Alpine pasture designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Head through Trubschachen in the Upper Emmental Valley and admire classic Swiss Alpine scenery such as crystal-clear streams and soaring, snow-capped mountains. Stop at the Kambly Experience — one of Switzerland’s biggest biscuit producers — and discover how the sweet treats are made. Enjoy a tasting session and sample several different biscuit varieties for yourself.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Bern, Bern, Bern Mittelland District, Canton of Bern
Continue on to the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bern, the medieval capital of Switzerland. With pretty, red-roofed buildings and cobbled streets, Bern is considered by many to be Switzerland’s most attractive city.
Explore Bern’s ancient Old Town with your guide and discover picturesque local landmarks including the 328-foot (100-meter) spire of Bern Minster. Discover top city attractions such as the imposing parliament building and the clock tower, and enjoy beautiful views over the Aare River. Afterward, enjoy a little free time in Bern to eat lunch (own expense) or shop for souvenirs.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Stop At: Emmentaler Schaukaeserei, Schaukaesereistrasse 6, Affoltern im Emmental 3416 Switzerland
Back aboard your minivan, continue into the heart of Emmental, a patchwork of lush pastureland and traditional dairy farms nestled deep in the Swiss countryside. Visit an Emmental dairy with your guide and watch as the various ingredients are worked over by hand, and discover how Emmentaler AOP is made. At the end of your tour, sample some of deliciously nutty cheese before departing for Lucerne, where your tour concludes.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
The guide will drop you off at the same place, where you have joined the tour.
Departure Point :Frankenstrasse 2, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants and children under 5 travel for free, but they must be registered on the booking
- Tour limited to 16 participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Approved Health & Safety Concept COVID-19 under the "Clean & Safe" campaign supported by Switzerland Tourism. Face masks and disinfectant wipes will be provided free of charge.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.