Besalú & 4 Medieval Towns Tour from Barcelona with Hotel Pick-Up in Small Group
Travel back in time to discover Besalú and several other medieval towns during this exciting guided tour! Our knowledgeable guide will pick you up at your accommodation in Barcelona and take you, in a small group, through Besalú, Vic, Santa Pau and Castellfollit de la Roca, where you will get to know the rich medieval heritage of Catalunya.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Walking Tour by Vic, Santa Pau, and Besalu
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off in Barcelona city (between 8 and 9 am)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small-group (maximum 8 people)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona Spain
Stop At: Placa Major, 08500, Vic Spain
Enjoy a walking tour and get immersed in the Medieval atmosphere of the city, passing by the plaça Major, the biggest square of Vic. Admire the old town hall, known as the Casa Comella, a 19th century modernist palace. Cherish the beautiful open space where fairs, markets and concerts are held.
Continue the walking tour in Vic to have a look to the Cathedral, a Spanish Catholic temple which crosses in its styles much of European architectural history, from Romanesque to Neoclassical, going through the full Gothic and the Baroque.
Get to know about Vic’s rich history in the company of your professional tour guide and visit the most interesting heritage of the city.
Enjoy some free time in Vic and take the chance to taste the typical Catalan gastronomy. Your guide will show you the best places to eat a traditional lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Catedral de Sant Pere de Vic, Placa de la Catedral S/N, 08500, Vic Spain
Pass By: Templo Romano de Vic, Carrer del Pare Xifre, 08506, Vic Spain
Stop At: Castellfollit de la Roca Spain
When leaving Vic, pass by Castellfollit de la Roca. Get surprised by this little medieval village, built on top of a 40 meters high cliff of a very mysterious basaltic wall. This place is a perfect location for a break and to take wonderful pictures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volcan de Santa Margarida, Santa Pau Spain
Along the way, enjoy a walking tour in Santa Pau, located in the south-east of the plain of Olot, in the heart of the volcanic zone. Santa Pau is one of those places that you fall in love with at first sight and you never tire of returning. Located in the heart of the Garrotxa, it is tiny, medieval and surrounded by greenery. Getting lost in its streets, breathing the fresh air ... the medieval ensemble, which mixes Gothic and Renaissance, allows you to get an idea of how important the barony of Santa Pau should have been during the Middle Ages.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bridge of Besalu, Carrer del Pont Vell, 17, 17850, Besalu Spain
Finish your tour in beauty in Besalú, one of the best conserved medieval old towns of Catalonia, which was named Historical and Artistic National Monument in 1996. Discover its cultural and natural heritage, by walking through its narrow streets that will lead you to the center of the town. Your guide will explain you the importance of the jewish community who lived in Besalú during the Middle Ages.
A large section of the original town walls which date back to the 12th century still remain intact and contain a number of old gateways into the town. Inside the walls, the old town of Besalú is a charming maze of stone walls and cobbled streets which have largely gone unmoved since the Middle Ages.
Get surprised by the medieval bridge of Besalú. This bridge is very famous in the Catalan territory because of its views from this medieval architecture bridge with an antique and charming essence. This Medieval masterpiece is unmissable when travelling through the Catalonian old towns.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Castillo de Besalu, 17850, Besalu Spain
Besalú will continue to amaze you with its medieval castle, already documented in the tenth century, built on top of a hill where the remains of the canonical Santa Maria, in the High Middle Ages. As it was built on top of a hill, you will enjoy beautiful views and have the chance to make amazing pictures.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Please make sure to include the address of your accommodation when booking.- Even if your Hotel is not listed, you can type it down in the field.- Pick-up time will be between 8 and 9 am. We will send a message 24 hours prior departure through the booking system to inform you on the specific pick-up time at your hotel as well as the name of your guide and the telephone number.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Small group tour of 8 people or fewer
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- In order to guarantee the safety of both the visitors and the team, In-Out has adapted all the hygiene and safety protocols in accordance with the requirements set by the competent and valid organizations and authorities at each stage.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.