Best of Greenwich and St Paul's Cathedral Guided Tour
Take a stroll through London’s captivating history on this walking day trip to some of the city’s most notable landmarks. You’ll also get to cruise along the Thames!
Highlights of the day:
* Visit some of London’s most historical buildings
* See what’s inside St Paul’s Cathedral
* Cruise along the Thames on our River Thames Boat Ride
* Discover the Royal Observatory in Greenwich
* Free time to find a great spot for lunch
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry to St Paul's Cathedral
- River Thames boat ride to Greenwich
- Entry to the Royal Observatory
- Fully guided tour with professional guide
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Thames River
- Entry/Admission - Royal Observatory Greenwich
What's excluded :
- Food and drink unless otherwise stated
- Entry/Admission - City of London Information Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City of London Information Centre, St. Paul's Churchyard The City, London EC4M 8BX England
The tour will start outside of the Outside City of London Information Centre – right by the magnificent St Paul’s Cathedral – where you will meet your guide for 8:15am.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
A place of Christian worship has been occupying Ludgate Hill – the highest point of the City of London – since AD 604. Following the Great Fire of London of 1666, celebrated architect Christopher Wren was commissioned to design a new church for the hill, as the cathedral building previously there had been largely destroyed in the Great Fire. The St Paul’s Cathedral we know and love today is the fifth building to have occupied this site – officially completed in 1711, this building’s beautiful dome has been a crucial part of London’s skyline for over 300 years.
Wren was inspired by the creativity of Parisian architecture as well as Italian sculptor and architect Bermini – when designing St. Paul’s he aimed to combine the look of English medieval cathedrals with the classical styles of Inigo Jones and François Mansart.
Despite its striking exterior, the inside of St Paul’s Cathedral is just as much of a visual treat. Take in the many impressive Restrained Baroque architectural details and paintings encompassing the crypts as you discover the history of this iconic London landmark.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Thames River, London England
River Thames Boat Ride! From St Paul’s to the Thames – take a quick break from all the exploring at the cathedral and cruise through the heart of London before docking at the maritime town of Greenwich. It’s a unique and fantastic way to admire London’s skyline in all its glory.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Greenwich, London SE10 England
Greenwich was indorsed by international agreement in 1884 as the Prime Meridian of the world – this means you will be able to stand astride the very line that separates East and West!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Observatory Greenwich, Blackheath Avenue, London SE10 8EJ England
Another masterpiece by Wren, the Royal Observatory is the home of Greenwich Mean Time and the famous Prime Meridian of the world, 0° 0’ 0”. It was built for the purpose of finding longitude at sea and is now a museum of time and astronomy. Check out the early Tompion clocks and displays on navigation at sea, which show how Britain was at the forefront of global exploration and trade.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :City of London Information Centre, St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8BX, UK
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Greenwich, London, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will be given a return boat ticket and use it on any boat you choose
- Gratuities are optional
- The Whispering Gallery is temporarily closed and is expected to remain closed until Easter or summer 2020. Access to the Stone and Golden Galleries is unaffected
- Visitors are allowed to take photographs in designated areas within the Cathedral on a non-commercial basis. Filming, the use of flash, additional lighting, tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not permitted
- Photography and filming are not permitted in the Whispering Gallery or during services - it should be paused during hourly prayer
- St Paul’s Cathedral offers complimentary entry for a visitor with a disability and an accompanying carer or necessary companion – these tickets should be requested on arrival
- This tour is not recommend for people with mobility issues
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that the order of this tour might change
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.