Best of Madrid Guided Tour including Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol & Royal Palace
This 2.5-hour walking tour of Madrid is a great way to explore the city’s main highlights such as Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and the Royal Palace. Hear from your guide about Madrid’s rich history and enjoy this informative and entertaining tour.
• Discover the best of Madrid on this 2.5 hour walking tour.
• See highlights such as Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and the Royal Palace.
• Enjoy a personalised experience with your own private tour guide.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Pick up and transportation is not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Mayor, Calle Gerona 4, 28012 Madrid Spain
Close your eyes and imagine Madrid as it was centuries ago! What was it like when this city was a Moorish fort? How did the city change when it became the seat of the Kings of Spain? The answers to these questions and many more will be revealed during this wonderful 2.5 hour walking tour of Madrid. You’ll see the renowned Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol accompanied by an expert guide.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Puerta del Sol, 28013 Madrid Spain
The tour starts at the Opera House in the city centre, before you journey back in time. You’ll learn about the founding of Madrid and view the 9th century walls which remain from the Muslim settlement – where we’ll consider how life was for the inhabitants during those primitive years and discuss how the walls might have been constructed.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Royal Palace of Madrid, Calle de Bailen s/n, 28071 Madrid Spain
You’ll spend some time marvelling at the exterior of the stunning Royal Palace and hear about the lives of the young princes and princesses who lived in the castle. How did their lives differ from that of the ordinary citizens? The tour also sees us visit the wonderful Plaza Mayor where we will imagine the square over the centuries and the various functions which it has served – market square, bull fighting ring and even a football stadium! We shall think about the shops which are tucked away under the archways and imagine what they sold all those years ago. We might also stop briefly in a nearby historical café that is still used by the “madrileños” today, for a drink and a traditional sweet. We will then meander through the small back streets to the modern city’s main square, Puerta del Sol where we will talk about modern-day Madrid. This fantastic your will leave you with an understanding of how Madrid has evolved over the centuries to be the vibrant capital city that it is today.
Departure Point :Plaza de Isabel II, 4, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.