Best of North Berkeley Food Tour
Just a few miles east of San Francisco lies what many call the birthplace of California cuisine: Berkeley. On this 3-hour gourmet food tour, your expert guide will take you behind the scenes of the North Shattuck district. At several acclaimed local food spots – including the very first Peet's Coffee & Tea – enjoy tastings of gourmet cheeses, chocolates, gelato, pizza, sandwiches, wine and more. You'll chat with owners and chefs about the city's culinary history and culture, and discover their commitment to sustainability and local, organic food and farming.
per adult from
What's included :
- All food tastings
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: University of California, Berkeley, 101 Sproul Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Walk and learn the neighborhood that borders one of the country's most prestigious public universities.
Stop At: Shattuck Avenue, 2905 Shattuck Ave Near Ashby Ave Bart, Berkeley, CA 94705-1808
Sample pizza-of-the-day and gourmet cheese from the historic The Cheese Board Collective.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Peet's, 2124 Vine St, Berkeley, CA 94709-1590
You’ll visit the Peet’s Coffee flagship location, and sample some of the finest coffee in Berkeley.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Epicurious Garden, 1511 Shattuck Ave #1581, Berkeley, CA 94709, USA
Visit Soop and Lush Gelateria
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1504 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- All food tastings are subject to change depending on availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.